2020 VBWA LEGISLATIVE CONFERENCE
January 29 - 30, 2020 - Nearly 60 Beer Distributors convened in Richmond for the annual Legislative Conference and Day on Capitol Square.
VBWA Board of Directors & Membership Meetings, January 29
Distributor Day-on-the-Hill, January 30
About the VBWA
The VBWA is a non-profit, tax exempt corporation representing Virginia's independent, family-owned and operated beer distributors who are proud of their products and committed to responsible enjoyment.
On March 27, 1937, a group of nine businessmen organized the first association of beer wholesalers in Virginia, named the Virginia Malt Beverage Association.
The organization continued as the Virginia Malt Beverage Association until September 26, 1970, when the membership voted to change the name to Virginia Beer Wholesalers Association.
Today, the Virginia Beer Wholesalers Association is comprised of member firms engaged in the wholesale distribution of malt beverages and related products.
The Association offers a wide range of member services and programs that help beer wholesalers thrive in today’s competitive environment.
VBWA members are the second element of the three-tier system of alcoholic beverage distribution (manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer). They bring domestic, craft and imported malt beverage products to your local restaurant, bar, convenience store and grocery outlet. Many of our members also distribute water products, juice drinks, sports drinks, soft drinks and other beverages.
When you see the truck of your local beer distributor at your grocery store, you can bet that distributor is a member of the VBWA!
- Virginia’s Barboursville Vineyards Takes Home 2021 Governor’s Cup® with 2015 Paxxito 03/09/2021
- VBWA Monthly Member Spotlight - Jacqueline Archer 02/18/2021
- Miller Genuine Draft unveils dramatic new look 02/15/2021
- An Open Letter to Our Blue Ridge Beverage Company Family 06/18/2020
- Molson Coors Beverage Company unveils new corporate logo and identity 02/12/2020
- Virginia Cider Week 11/15/2019
- Canned Cocktails Made with Premium Distilled Spirits - Waterbird Spirits partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 09/23/2019
- Regine Archer receives Charles Brown Award from Roanoke College 09/11/2019
- Crook & Marker Spiked & Sparkling partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/15/2019
- Skipping Rock Beer partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/08/2019
- Beale's Beer and Trapezium Brewing Co. partner with Blue Ridge Beverage 03/18/2019
- 2018 Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2018
- Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 2017 06/13/2017
- American Craft Beer Week 05/21/2017
- Deschutes Brewery to Open Tasting Room in Downtown Roanoke 04/17/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 08/27/2016
- HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 40 Commending the Archer family 05/20/2016
- America’s Beer Distributors Celebrate Craft Beer Week 05/16/2016
- Deschutes Brewery is partnering with Blue Ridge Beverage Company 05/12/2016
- Bob Archer elected to the board of directors of the Virginia War Memorial Foundation 11/18/2015
- NBWA Life Service Award recipient Bob Archer 10/13/2015
- Bob Archer appointmented to the Governor's ABC Review Commission 04/24/2015
- Beer Distributors Recognized for Outstanding Service to Industry and Local Communities 09/30/2014
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award for second straight year 06/25/2014
- MillerCoors President's Award Trip Photo Gallery 09/30/2013
- Entertainment Under the Stars: Come Enjoy New Belgium Brewing’s Clips Beer and Film Tour This Friday, September 13 09/13/2013
- 2013 Virginia Craft Brewers Cup winners 08/24/2013
- Boulevard Partners with Blue Ridge Beverage: Expanding in Virginia 05/31/2013
- BRB Chairman Receives Honorary Doctorate at Roanoke College 2013 Commencement 05/04/2013
- Roanoke College to Confer Honorary Degree On Blue Ridge Beverage Chairman 03/26/2013
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award 03/09/2013
- Bob Archer, Chairman, National Beer Wholesalers Association 10/13/2012