Beer Distributors Recognized for Outstanding Service to Industry and Local Communities
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
September 30, 2014
Contact: Kathleen Joyce
Beer Distributors Recognized for Outstanding Service to Industry and Local CommunitiesPrinter-friendly version
Public Affairs and Political Action Awards Presented at NBWA 77th Annual Convention
NEW ORLEANS, LA – The National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) honored several industry leaders today during NBWA’s 77th Annual Convention taking place September 28 – October 1 at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The NBWA Public Affairs Award recognizes outstanding efforts to advocate for and promote the beer distribution industry through effective communications and public affairs initiatives. It was presented to the Pennsylvania Beer Alliance.
“The Pennsylvania Beer Alliance is a leader in promoting the value that beer distributors bring to their local communities,” said NBWA President & CEO Craig Purser. “The association used video and other communication tools to launch a public affairs campaign to educate elected leaders, the media and the public about the value of independent beer distributors and the current system to local Pennsylvania communities.”
The Whitey Littlefield Award was presented in memory of the man who served as the NBWA Political Action Committee (PAC) chairman 15 years ago and established the Chairman’s Circle program, recognizing those individuals who give the maximum contribution. Knowing that PAC support must be both deep and wide in order for it to grow, Whitey Littlefield also believed strongly in “drilling it down.” In that spirit, the Whitey Littlefield Award was presented to Triple Crown Beverage Group in Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia for their continued dedication to political advocacy and the NBWA PAC. Each year, the company is politically involved and shows strong support to the NBWA PAC.
The R. Kenneth Kerr Award was presented in memory of the man who more than 30 years ago was an instrumental leader in the creation of the NBWA PAC. The award is presented to a distributor member who goes above and beyond to make sure the PAC grows year after year. This year’s award was presented to Bob Archer of Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc. in Salem, Virginia. Archer made the NBWA PAC a priority since his first year serving on the NBWA Board of Directors and during his time as the chairman of the NBWA Political Action Committee. He continued those efforts as an NBWA officer.
“Every year he has stepped up to the plate encouraging others to support the NBWA PAC and led by example with his company’s own tremendous participation,” Purser said.
Click here to read about the recipients of the NBWA Life Service Award and the Industry Affairs Award, honored Monday at NBWA’s 77th Annual Convention.
The National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) represents the interests of America’s 3,300 licensed, independent beer distributor operations in every state, congressional district and media market across the country. Beer distributors are committed to ensuring alcohol is provided safely and responsibly to consumers of legal drinking age through the three-tier, state-based system of alcohol regulation and distribution. To learn more about America’s beer distributors, visit www.AmericasBeerDistributors.com. For additional updates from NBWA, follow @NBWABeer on Twitter, watch NBWA videos onwww.youtube.com/NBWABeer and visit www.facebook.com/NBWABeer.
- Coors Light is ‘most sustainable’ beer brand, according to surveys 04/19/2023
- Coors Light, Miller Lite each lay claim to Molson Coors' first Super Bowl spot in 30 years 01/16/2023
- A History of Beer in the U.S. 12/05/2022
- Vizzy gets colorful packaging refresh for ‘23 12/02/2022
- Blue Ridge Beverage Company welcomes Athletic Brewing Company to the team!! 11/14/2022
- Two years in, Golden brewery overhaul starts to take shape 10/19/2022
- Molson Coors announces community investments through Project Justice, details progress on sustainability goals 08/16/2022
- Molson Coors grows top-line on constant currency basis for 5th straight quarter 08/02/2022
- Hamm’s fans can’t get enough of its Throwback Pack 07/22/2022
- All grown up: Simply Spiked Lemonade launches new campaign 07/11/2022
- Virginia’s Barboursville Vineyards Takes Home 2021 Governor’s Cup® with 2015 Paxxito 03/09/2021
- VBWA Monthly Member Spotlight - Jacqueline Archer 02/18/2021
- Miller Genuine Draft unveils dramatic new look 02/15/2021
- An Open Letter to Our Blue Ridge Beverage Company Family 06/18/2020
- Molson Coors Beverage Company unveils new corporate logo and identity 02/12/2020
- 2020 VBWA LEGISLATIVE CONFERENCE 01/30/2020
- Virginia Cider Week 11/15/2019
- Canned Cocktails Made with Premium Distilled Spirits - Waterbird Spirits partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 09/23/2019
- Regine Archer receives Charles Brown Award from Roanoke College 09/11/2019
- Crook & Marker Spiked & Sparkling partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/15/2019
- Skipping Rock Beer partners with Blue Ridge Beverage 04/08/2019
- Beale's Beer and Trapezium Brewing Co. partner with Blue Ridge Beverage 03/18/2019
- 2018 Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2018
- Virginia Craft Beer Month 08/01/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 2017 06/13/2017
- American Craft Beer Week 05/21/2017
- Deschutes Brewery to Open Tasting Room in Downtown Roanoke 04/17/2017
- Deschutes Brewery Street Pub 08/27/2016
- HOUSE RESOLUTION NO. 40 Commending the Archer family 05/20/2016
- America’s Beer Distributors Celebrate Craft Beer Week 05/16/2016
- Deschutes Brewery is partnering with Blue Ridge Beverage Company 05/12/2016
- Bob Archer elected to the board of directors of the Virginia War Memorial Foundation 11/18/2015
- NBWA Life Service Award recipient Bob Archer 10/13/2015
- Bob Archer appointmented to the Governor's ABC Review Commission 04/24/2015
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award for second straight year 06/25/2014
- MillerCoors President's Award Trip Photo Gallery 09/30/2013
- Entertainment Under the Stars: Come Enjoy New Belgium Brewing’s Clips Beer and Film Tour This Friday, September 13 09/13/2013
- 2013 Virginia Craft Brewers Cup winners 08/24/2013
- Boulevard Partners with Blue Ridge Beverage: Expanding in Virginia 05/31/2013
- BRB Chairman Receives Honorary Doctorate at Roanoke College 2013 Commencement 05/04/2013
- Roanoke College to Confer Honorary Degree On Blue Ridge Beverage Chairman 03/26/2013
- Blue Ridge Beverage honored with Bill Coors Quality Award 03/09/2013
- Bob Archer, Chairman, National Beer Wholesalers Association 10/13/2012