2nd Shift Warehouse Lead - Abingdon
Blue Ridge Beverage Company, Inc., located in Central and Southwest VA, is a large beverage distribution company seeking a full time Second Shift Warehouse Lead for the Abingdon division. The 2nd Shift Lead reports to the Night Warehouse Manager and works alongside the night crew while providing oversite to the night shift order picking, verification and loading procedures. The shift is Sunday through Thursday, starting at the assigned time and may require overtime.
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $19.50
- Paid time off plus 3 scheduled paid holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance including health, dental, prescription, and vision care
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with some employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Coordinates successful picking, staging, and loading of all customer orders on to the appropriate delivery vehicle.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by monitoring safety and security procedures and protocols.
- Responsible for moving and staging Class A, B and C delivery vehicles.
- Capable of performing all 2nd shift duties and filling in when required.
- Facilitates workflow by planning, coaching, and directing employees while monitoring, and measuring results.
- Performs 2nd shift duties and filling in when required. Accurately pick orders and verify product type and count using computerized route accounting system.
- Assures warehouse is kept clean, neat, and organized.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and provide support to other team members when there are questions concerning warehouse operations. Be the “go-to” person for second shift operations.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Stable work history.
- Ability to work well with and direct others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Experience with automated warehouse management system (WMS) preferred.
- Power equipment certified including forklifts and other product-moving equipment.
- Detail oriented, demonstration of sound judgement and self-confidence.
- Must be able to repetitively lift 15 to 40 pounds and occasionally up to 135 pounds when handling kegs.
- Must be able to bend, lift, carry, climb, stoop and stack product using a forklift or walkie rider.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures as assignments may involve working in a cooler, in a controlled temperature warehouse or outdoors.